There are lots of things make California one of the most desirable places to live…the weather, the beaches, the food, the entertainment, did I mention the weather? Well, of course, there are downsides as well: earthquakes, traffic, pollution, insanely expensive real estate…and now, add one more to that list – auto theft. According to a report released by the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB), seven of the country's 10 areas with the highest vehicle-theft rates are in California, with Modesto (in central California) topping the list for the second year in a row. Lock your car, DUDE.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models