The article from Autoweek we linked you to earlier in the day failed to mention that, according to Edmunds, in addition to unveiling a coupe version of the Z4 roadster BMW is also planning to introduce a Hybrid X3 at this year's Frankfurt Motor Show in September. The hybrid SUV will feature advanced battery technology in the form of high-performance capacitors known as "Syncaps". GreenCarCongress has a nice write up about this technology that BMW actually showcased in an X5 concept back in 2003. While designed to significantly increase performance at low revs, the system, which houses the capacitors in the door sills and sandwiches the electric motor in between the engine and transmission, will also boost fuel economy by 15%.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models