GM's fight with Chery is relatively well-known. Now GM has beef with Ford's Chinese partner Jiangling. GM's complaint is that the Jaingling Land Wind SUV (closest we found is the Dragon Land Wind, probably the same thing) has the same body as the GM Europe Frontera (like the USDM Isuzu Rodeo). Jiangling has just begun to export their Land Wind to Europe. What is really interesting is that Jaingling has a partnership with Isuzu to produce other trucks. Obviously, Isuzu is the original designer of this particular vehicle, but they are not taking direct action against Jaingling. GM is still considering legal action, but we feel that it is a waste of time and money. The design in question is not currently being produced by GM for sale in Europe.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies