Recent posts about various economy cars including the current and upcoming versions of the Honda Civic, the Ford Focus, Chevy Cobalt and Mazda3 have incited heated reader comments about the virtues and pitfalls of each, and of course which one is the king of the economy car hill. Edmunds must have been eavesdropping because they assembled seven of the segment's best offerings and pitted them against one another. The winner is no surprise (I won't spoil it for you although it's pretty obvious towards which car the others are parked in deference), but the aging Honda Civic and Korean-sourced Kia rated much higher than we would have expected. Like all of Edmunds' reviews, this one is as good a read as you'll find in any of the Big 4 car mags. Nice pics, too.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies