In honor of the 40th anniversary of the GT40's four-year long domination at Le Mans, Ford is introducing a Heritage Blue and Epic Orange paint scheme that recalls the JW Automotive/American Gulf Oil-sponsored racecars. The new look was on display over the weekend at the Concorso Italiano in Monterey Bay, CA. One great feature of the new paint scheme are the four white 'roundels' Ford will leave blank for customers to apply the number of their choice. While the new paint job is pretty sweet, we can't help but think that the GT, which has been dogged with severe quality issues since day one, is merely receiving an insignificant but flashy update to maintain interest in the vehicle while allowing Ford to avoid any additional investment. Still, it's one of the coolest factory paint jobs ever.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies