BMW has commissioned Danish artist Olafur Eliasson to transform its record-breaking H2R hydrogen-powered car into the next Art Car. The H2R will join a collection of BMW's from the past that have likewise been converted into artwork on wheels by such artists as Alexander Calder, Andy Warhol, and most recently Jenny Holzer, who was tapped to turn BMW's V12 Le Mans race car into an Art Car back in 1999. The H2R will be delivered to Eliasson this month with the car being scheduled for a public debut in early 2007. Eliasson is considered a world-renowned contemporary artist and was also chosen for his public support of renewable energy. I'm no art expert, but wouldn't it be sweet to see those poker-playing dogs that smoke cigars painted all over the bodywork? Now that's what I call art.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies