Current Mercedes chief Eckhard Cordes is leaving the troubled car maker at the end of August. Dieter Zetsche, who is to be DaimlerChrysler's new CEO, is poised to take the lead at Mercedes. Mercedes is a critical part of the DaimlerChrysler empire. Zetsche, who is know for his turnaround of Chrysler, wants to tackle the situation at Mercedes head on instead of bringing in an outsider or struggle with promoting from within. The Mercedes group includes Mercedes-Benz, Smart, and Maybach. With Smart's continued losses and the quality problems at Mercedes-Benz, good ole Dieter will have his hands full. We're sure he's up to the task. By taking the reins now, Zetsche may begin to turn Mercedes around before bringing in a proper replacement.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models