Chrysler has made a somewhat annual tradition out of introducing a limited-edition model of its PT Cruiser in time for Detroit's famous Woodward Dream Cruise. This year the company unveiled the PT Street Cruiser Route 66 Edition, which basically coats the PT in Solar Yellow paint, adds a body-color grille and brake calipers, spoiler, and 17-inch wheels and tires. Autoblog reader ETMC who attended the unveiling points out that it's basically a lower-end Touring model and thus is only available with the 2.4L four-cylinder and not the turbo variant in the GT model. The base price will be $19,185 for a manual and $20,020 for an automatic. Production will begin at 1,000 units with more possible if demand is strong. All we can say is that it would make one sweet looking taxi.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX