Toyota is fading out the Celica in the US, but it is already working out plans for its next sport coupe in Japan. Sources in Japan have seen secret plans for the new sports coupe based on the same platform that underpins the Scion tC. The new coupe will be powered by a 2.4-liter four producing 250 hp. The 2.4-liter four will be highly tuned, with aggressive VVTi or forced induction. Toyota is squarely aiming the new car at Honda's Integra Type-R. Expect to see the new car in some form in 2006. Edmunds is suspecting that Toyota will bring the sport coupe here to the Scion line. We're not entirely sure that will happen, with the tC being so new. 2006 is next year, so perhaps by 2007 or 2008 we might see Toyota with a serious sport coupe option.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies