If you want a Fiesta in the US, the best place to get one is in Mexico. Or at least that is Ford's plan, to fill in the Ford line below the Focus. Ford builds a four door version of the European Fiesta at its plant in Cuatitlan. That vehicle is sold in the Mexican market but Ford also builds a hatchback and crossover based on the Fiesta in Brazil. In 2008 or 2007, Ford plans to move production of the Ecosport to Mexico. While Ford has not decided to bring any version of its south of the border Fiestas to the U.S., it would be at least 2008 before we see one. No pricing decisions have been made either, but you can expect something priced around $10,000.
Ford may bring the Fiesta
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Autopilot mitigates accident in video, Ford exits India's EV consortiumWatch Video