We're not certain if anyone who partners with DCX on their smart production is 'smart.' All puns aside, Dieter Zetsche may not have the same patience with the loss making smart brand as outgoing CEO Juergen Schrempp. There are a lot of options for deailing with smart's losses. We're not certain partnering with someone else would do anything more than share the losses with any potential partner. Speculation has smart being reabsorbed into Mercedes. Why not take production to another, less expensive locale? These cars are small, the shipping cost for each one is a fraction of what a normal vehicle would be.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies