Beginning in October MINI will offer the John Cooper Works tuning kit as a factory-installed option for all Cooper S models. The JCW kit, which was previously only available as a dealer-installed option, bumps up the output of the S by 40 hp to 210, thereby dropping its 0-60 time from 7.2 to 6.6 seconds. The kit features a modified cylinder head that allows for higher compression, new engine electronics and higher output injectors. The new factory option will also come with an air filter system, upgraded brake discs and a limited-slip differential. The JCW treatment will set you back a steep $6,410, but as before will not affect the MINI's warranty.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models