We linked to an article at Auto Express yesterday that revealed the new Lotus 2+2 coupe set to slot in between the Elise and Exige will be named either the Elite or Excel and feature powerplants from Toyota. Wheels24, however, a site out of South Africa, has a more detailed article in which it claims the car will revive the Europa name and feature engines from GM's Opel/Vauxhall brands. In addition, the coupe will supposedly be built in Malaysia by Proton, the current owner of Lotus, and will be sold as a Proton in domestic markets. The pics of the car are much clearer on this site, revealing details like a sloping glass hatch that displays the engine a la Ferrari.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies