With the Holden Monaro going away later this year, questions persisted about the future of the Pontiac GTO. Wonder no longer, as there's official word from GM that it will remain in production through the 2006 model year. Pontiac has stated that the car will return in 2008 (so likely as a '09 model) and will be based on a new "global" RWD platform. According to Pontiac spokesman Jim Hopson, "We have every intention of getting it on the street as soon as possible", which translated means "right after we finish up a bunch of new SUVs and a niche-market roadster." Expect a new Chevrolet Camaro to launch at the same time.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models