We don't know what's in the water they're drinking over there in Germany, but apparently it makes you do illegal things. Following a number of corporate scandals involving many of Germany's largest companies, BMW announced on Wednesday that one of its purchasing managers had been arrested on bribery charges. The manager is accused of accepting a total of $100,000 in bribes from a supplier expecting preferential treatment for his company's products. The chief prosecutor in the case has noted that the investigation so far has found this to be an isolated incident.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies