Governor Jennifer Granholm met with Toyota Motor executives Monday. It was the start of a tour of Japan to invite Japanese automotive investment to her state. Gov Granholm is pitching the state's automotive workforce and education system in hopes that Japanese companies will set up shop there. Granholms trip will include stops in Osaka and Tokyo. There are plans to meet with 22 companies as well as holding seminars for another 150 organizations. In the past, Michgan has not be as open to foreign investment due to a allegiance to the domestic manufacturers. However, with a sagging economy and the problems of Ford and GM it makes sense to diversify a bit.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video