Acura is preparing to field their X3-fighter, meanwhile at the Nurburgring, Mercedes is testing its own Bavarian basher. The so called 'X-class' should be released around 2008. You can expect the usual, the X-class will be based on the upcoming C-class platform. What is important is the proposal to introduce gasoline- and diesel-electric hybrid powetrains to their new line-up. Hybrid models may be released by the end of the decade in the C-, M-. R-, S-, and X-classes. Diesel-hybrids are an interesting concept and should provide incredible gas mileage. The word from Mercedes that it was going to implement hybrid technology was a shock to many in the industry. They have even announced that a hybrid version of the CLK will be shown at the Frankfurt show.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models