If you're a storm chaser who wants to get up-close footage of tornadoes, but feel that your ordinary truck isn't up to the task, what do you do? You take the years of drawing spaceships as a kid and a learn-as-you-go welding technique and create this, the Tornado Intercept Vehicle. Seriously, this vehicle was created with the expressed purpose of chasing and driving through a tornado. This was once a Ford F450 dually truck. Now it is 13,780 pounds of steel armored tripod that you can drive. We applaud Sean Casey, the storm chaser who constructed this machine, for his ingenuity. Mad Max would be proud.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Autopilot mitigates accident in video, Ford exits India's EV consortiumWatch Video