Having just delivered its first fuel-cell car to a private party last month, Honda now intends to go down an even bolder alternative fuel path with a fuel-cell motorcycle. Details are very thin at this point, but they intend to lease the hydrogen-powered two-wheelers by 2009. Hopefully they look better than the thing pictured on the right. We have no idea what sort of bike might receive such a powerplant at first, but one thing is certain - by the time fuel cells hit the sportbike and dirtbike markets, manufacturers will need to invent an entirely new system of model nomenclature. Meanwhile, Harley-Davidson is rumored to be working on a device that will give a fuel-cell motorcycle its patented "potato-potato" exhaust note.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models