Imagine cruising down the 101 and calling up Firefox on your in-dash nav system. To some that sounds like the coolest thing since sliced bread. To others it sounds like a 10-car pile up waiting to happen. Either way, NEC has brought us all one step closer to this scenario having developed a mobile router that allows seamless broadband communication from high speed moving vehicles using wireless LAN and 3G mobile phone network technology. Areas of practical application include ambulances and other emergency vehicles, although we bet some of you out there are just salivating at the idea of being able to check Autoblog on the road.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models