In a case like this, we can see the benefit of working for Money magazine. Lawrence Ulrich got to drive one of Ford's GTs from Detroit to New York. Six hundred and sixty-three miles in 12 hours is not too bad, especially considering the congestion in and out of these metro areas. Ulrich felt no love for the supercharged V8's whine or for the spartan nature of the GT's cockpit. Who cares! Try finding another piece of Americana that goes this fast with this kind of pedigree. That uniqueness was enough for Mr. Ulrich to feel the love from fans of the GT. The warm reception he would receive at stops is something you do not get from loftier breeds, at least not in America. However, if we had the car, you can bet we would've made the trip in 11 hours.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models