The Scrambler lives, albeit not as a factory Jeep offering (sorry to tease you CJ-8 fans like that). AEV Conversions (known for their long wheelbase Wrangler conversions) is offering the Brute, a pickup based on the Jeep Wrangler. The new bodywork is formed from injection-molded plastic, and comprises a six-foot bed and a removable hardtop roof. A 345 HP Hemi powers the rig, presumably yielding brisk performance (AEV will also swap a Hemi into your standard Wrangler, for those not interested in keeping the shiny side up). Also included are an onboard air compressor and welder. No price is given, but a $10,000 deposit can be used to secure one of the first 25 vehicles built. Get yours now, or wait around and see if DCX decides to offer something similar. [Hat tip: Allpar.com]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies