With news coming out daily about the upcoming Mercedes S-class, it was only a matter of time before an AMG version would be revealed. The new S will feature a new 6.3-liter naturally aspirated V8, instead of the supercharged 5.4 V8 unit from the previous generation. The new engine will be mated to a seven-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission. Needless to say, this will surely be a quick executive sedan. It is interesting how Mercedes is attacking the BMW 7 with this car. It is also interesting that the interior of the new S-class looks so much like that of the BMW. With the AMG treatment becoming a part of the S-class again, how much longer before BMW offers some kind of M-treatment to its big sedan?
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models