In what appears as an attempt to either boost the alure of one company or dilute that of another, Proton CEO Tengku Tan Sri Mahaleel Tengku Ariff (we'll just call him Tan) has recently referred to the new Savvy, a small hatchback, as "my first Lotus". Proton owns Lotus and claims certain elements have been engineered into the car that give a taste of what it's like to drive a Lotus, widely considered to be the best handling vehicles in the world. Lotus has contracted out its handling expertise before, but we're pretty sure nothing short of a miracle would be required to make a 74-hp hatchback feel like an Elise.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies