How about a diesel version of the new MX-5? It seems such a car may be likely for other parts of the world. Autoexpress has confirmed through Mazda that they are preparing a higher revving diesel engine that may find its way into the MX-5. It is an odd combination, the roadster and a diesel, but it may prove to be fun to drive. We are not so sure if diesel exhaust mixes with top down driving, however. A more powerful variant of the MX-5 should be coming soon too. Expect to see the 2.3-liter 4-cylinder find its way into the little roadster. It still seems like Mazda will refuse to put the rotary engine in this car. Despite all the news about diesels and larger displacement fours, the hopelessness of not having a rotary-powered MX-5 continues.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models