This is nice follow up news to the previous announcement that Toyota would build a hybrid Camry in the US. Nissan will be building its Altima Hybrid at their plant in Smyrna, Tennessee. The Smyrna plant builds the Maxima, Altima, Frontier, Xterra, and Pathfinder. Nissan is investing $10.4 Million in the plant to prepare for the Altima Hybrid, which is supposed to be built with Toyota's Synergy Hybrid technology. Production is slated to begin in 2006. This is nothing of a surprise, Nissan had already announced plans to build the hybrid Altima. Since they build the Altima at their U.S. plant, it only makes sense to build the hybrid there too.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX