The E-boost concept car that eventually became the 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse has been awarded the 2005 Industrial Design Excellence Awards Gold Award in the category of Design Explorations. The concept is actually a gas-electric hybrid, unlike the 2006 Eclipse, which is powered by either a 2.4L four-cylinder or the 263-hp 3.8L MIVEC V6. In our opinion, Mitsu should be applauded for remaining truly faithful to the concept's design, a move that's been validated by the news of this award.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models