AutoWeek has written about Volvo's development of an advanced inline six-cylinder engine, known internally as SI6, that's set to debut in the next S80 due out June of 2006. The straight shooter will come in three variants: a naturally-aspirated base 3.2L and two turbocharged 3.0L versions, the most potent of which could develop as much as 350 hp. Autoweek speculates that this may be the engine that was planned for the now defunct über Focus RS (see earlier post), while all the engines could see duty in both Ford and Jaguar products sometime in the future.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX