Initial reports from dealers indicate that the GM Employee Discount for Everyone program has brought in significantly more dealer traffic and sales. And while the program does reimburse dealers for five percent of the MSRP, it is drawing fire from dealers and industry analysts. It is possible that this promotion will increase sales, but it may also cannibalize sales that would've taken place in July and August. Not to mention the long term effects of this promotion. This promotion will probably hurt sales the rest of the year, as well as the potential resale value of used GM cars now and in the future. At least they may get some SUVs out of inventory.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models