Starting in July, a ceramic brake setup will be available for the Audi A8 12-cylinder models. The new brakes are 50 percent lighter than the standard discs and offer much better brake life. The braking performance is also improved with more stopping power and better resistance to fading. Audi also claims that the weight reduction in the unsprung masses at the wheels helps the cars handling and makes for a more comfortable ride. No word on cost, but if your buying an A8 W12 it really doesn't matter.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies