There are a lot of parallels between the Ford-Visteon and GM-Delphi relationships. Delphi was spun off of GM, much like Visteon was of Ford. Delphi inherited many UAW backed workers with high healthcare costs and have been losing money since much of their business comes from GM, just like Visteon depended on the workforce and fortunes of Ford. Now Delphi is calling for an impromptu union meeting to map out what will happen with the huge parts maker. We bet that GM's money will be the answer (again, like Ford-Visteon) and that's the last thing that The General needs to be using their money for.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies