The byproduct of so many current automotive choices is vehicles on completely different paths come together at similar price points. One makes 250 horsepower by turbocharging a flat four-cylinder engine. The other squeezes out 340 horsepower from a pushrod V-8. Both are AWD wagons. By now it may be obvious this is the Subaru Legacy GT wagon and the Dodge Magnum. The Magnum appeals to those that love gobs of torque (390 lb-ft), musclecar good looks that are a little rough around the edges. The Legacy GT is more nimble and smoother, but Inside Line went for the power and picked Dodge as the $30,000 wagon winner.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models