BMW's 507hp high-revving V10 engine took the cake as 2005's International Engine of the Year as chosen by 56 motoring journalists from 26 countries. They also awarded BMW's M3 and 535d engines in their respective classes and praised the M5 engine for producing a high power-to-weight ratio while still keeping the benefits of natural aspiration. I can only dream that BMW's engine technology spreads to more affordable cars.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models