Here's a little comparison test from Inside Line that pits a Pontiac GTO (Just like the one in this week's Autoblog Garage) against a Subaru WRX STi. Two completely different takes on the driving experience at the same price point. One is a throwback to old musclecar times and one uses technology and AWD. The GTO is a big boy and suffers in the slalom where the Subaru shines. Edmunds makes the two-door coupe body style sound like it's a detriment to the GTO, while to those who rather have a coupe, like me, find it a great attribute. Inside Line chose the STi as the overall winner, but your driving personality has to fit the vehicle. My persona lies deep in the heart of a 6.0-liter V-8. Isn't great to have these choices?
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies