Sources tell Reuters GM has made the decision to move the next generation of Saab 9-5 production to Germany, leaving the Swedish brand with no vehicles built in the homeland. The 9-3 will move production to Germany when the next generation model bows. A GM Europe spokesman said a production decision for the next 9-5 has not been made. It's hard to believe that engineers haven't decided on a platform for the sedan with only three years before a new model is due. The Swedish plant would be used to build niche models. One possible candidate would be a high-end Opel crossover that GM is thinking of building.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models