It was the first Porsche SUV and it will be the first to use hybrid technology. It still is weird to type this sentence: The Cayenne is Porsche's best selling model but its U.S. sales are off 27 percent in the first four months of this year. Porsche hopes to have the hybrid model ready for the launch of the next-gen SUV in 2008/2009 if not sooner. Porsche was rumored to be in talks with Toyota, but it is more likely that the hybrid powertrain would be built jointly with Volkswagen.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models