To kick off this new Autoblog section (and to egg on some more stellar reviews) we decided to put some cash on the hood. We can only learn so much from our 1-week test-drives and never feel too taken to the cleaners if the car ends up a disappointment. It's our readers that put down hard earned money for your rides and we want you to tell us about your long-term experiences with them.
For our first "Take the Wheel" contest we're asking Autoblog readers who own a 2004 or 2005 vehicle, since new, to write a review of their car. The best review, as judged by the editors of Autoblog, will receive $100. Up to three runners-up will receive $50. Hey, it's not as much as GM puts on the hood, but it would buy you a tank of gas for a Tahoe. Click for details on how to enter.
Here are the guidelines for the reviews:
1. You must own a 2004 or 2005 vehicle since new and use your real name when submitting the review (your email will not be made public). Post your review in the comments below. Anyone who submitted a review previously will need to post it again below. Sorry.
2. You need to include at least one section of your review for pros and one for cons.
3. Please include the answers to everyone?s pressing questions: What other vehicles did you consider before deciding on your purchase. Would you recommend the vehicle to others? Would you buy another of the same vehicle? A vehicle from the same manufacturer?
4. You overall word count must be between: 350 to 750 words.
5. Pictures would enhance the experience. We can?t host the photos, but the winners will be reprinted and the pictures will be hosted on our servers. To include the link to your photos, just cut and paste the URL of the picture in our comments. The software will automatically turn it into a link when you submit.
Have fun with the reviews, be honest, insightful, clever, and intelligent. Please post your review in the
comments below. You have exactly 72 hours from now.
Legal stuff: By submitting the review below you agree to let us publish it, but we understand that you own the rights to your work and you can take your review and go sell it to somebody else. Also, you can only enter the contest once.
The contest is closed. We will choose our winners at the end of the week. Thanks for all that entered.