Bugatti has revealed the Veyron has been clocked at 248.5 mph during runs in Germany. Currently the Koenigsegg CCR has the title with a 240.387 mph top speed run and Bugatti shatters that mark with the 1001 horsepower supercar. The event has not been validated by Guinness World Records, so it's not on the books yet. We guess VW is waiting to squeeze a few more tenths out of the car before locking the speed in.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models