Bill Ford says that the Escape hybrid sales are restricted to the limited supply of batteries from Sanyo Electric. Sanyo is the only provider of the 330-volt battery pack used in the Escape and also the upcoming Mercury Mariner and Mazda Tribute. Sanyo's production output will be doubled by the middle of 2006. Ford saw this coming, but the recent hybrid push has made it an even bigger issue.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies