In some ways this is great news. The 3.5-liter Duratec engine is ready for the CD3 sedans next year. The 2007 versions of the Lincoln Zephyr, Mercury Milan and Ford Fusion will all have the 3.5 as optional engines. Now here's the bad news: If Ford continues with these dates, the D3 Chicago cars: Five Hundred, Montego and Freestlye will not see a boost in horsepower until the 2008 model year when the cars get a face lift. Personally we feel the three vehicles are just about right for the 3.0-liter engine, but a higher-powered option would be welcomed. We just hoped it would happen before 2008.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models