In a talk with Len Hunt, executive vice president of Volkswagen North America, AutoWeek learns that VW wants to return to affordable German engineering and fun to drive cars. The product onslaught in North American will be constant, with 10 new vehicles in the next two years. Most of the models that we've seen or heard about are bigger and more expensive than outgoing models, astray from that mission. Hunt wouldn't say if a sub-Jetta car was coming to the U.S. but agrees that there is room for one now. Make sure you clear some time from your schedule because this interview is a long one.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models