Students and auto manufacturers are gathering this weekend in New York for a car show and a Monte Carlo-style rally that is only for hybrid and alternative fuel vehicles. Aside from the Ford Escape, Toyota Highlander and Lexus RX 400h, the stars of the show just may be the cars built by students. One car, built by the West Philadelphia High School, makes over 300 horsepower and averages more than 50 mpg. Another car is built entirely of carbon fiber panels to reduce weight. The Tour de Sol will be held May 13-16 in Saratoga and Albany, NY.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models