Last year GM dropped the Daewoo brand and replaced it with Chevrolet in Europe. Unlike in the U.S. most young buyers in Europe do not know the heritage of the Chevy brand; GM needs to reinvent it like a new marque. Chevrolet is situated below Opel/Vauxhall in the GM lineup. The Corvette is sold in Europe without the Chevrolet moniker. The new Chevy vehicles (mostly rebadged Daewoos) have been GM's fastest-growing brand in Europe, up 0.4 percent in market share this year.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies