The new Volvo S40 sedan and V50 wagon are selling 20 percent below sales projections and executives at Volvo aren't too glum. The weak U.S. dollar has boosted the two car's sticker prices beyond where Volvo would like them to be. There is a slight overlap between a well-equipped S40 and the base S60, so for 2006 the base S60 will be eliminated. We bet their Prozac-like smiles wouldn't be so big if they weren't able to sell the small cars in European markets for good profits.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies