The Beijing No. 1 Intermediate People's Court confirmed it accepted a lawsuit filed by GM Daewoo against Chery Automotive. This is the first lawsuit claiming the Chery QQ copied its Daewoo Matiz and Chevy Spark. GM Daewoo also alleges Chery used a camouflaged Matiz to pass tests and obtain authorization from the Chinese government to sell QQs. It's pretty obvious, even Malcolm Bricklin said "they copied the damn thing 100 percent" when asked about the QQ/Spark lawsuit.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies