When a court case that focused on the strength of the Ford Explorer roof made it to the media, memos that showed Volvo engineers working on strengthening the XC90 roof took center stage. Lawyers said the documents disprove Ford's claim that roof strength is not an important factor in rollover crashes and Ford said that the memos exposes trade secrets and had them removed from evidence. Without getting into the trial, we have no idea how anyone can claim roof strength has nothing to do with rollover survival rates.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video