The Chevy Astro and GMC Safari had one heck of a run. After 21 years and minimal design changes, GM's first minivans are ready to bow out. The rear-wheel drive vans became a contractor's favorite due to price and size, but sales declined to where keeping a dedicated plant was not financially responsible. This thorough article puts the Baltimore closing together with GM's recent financial troubles and looks at it through the eyes of some GM plant employees.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies