The SMG automatic just isn't going to be good enough in the United States. Dealers put pressure on BMW to offer a row-your-own gearbox in the upcoming M5 and M6 citing the SMG transmission is not conducive to a "real drivers' car". BMW is quickly putting together a manual for the cars, which will be a six-speed. Good news for high-performance BMW fans.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models