This is one of those stories that you can only hope is put together from a bunch of bad assumptions. We know that Getrag has built an AWD Mini using the new Twinster system that BMW has taken interest in. We know that Mini wants to expand the number of model variants. We also know that BMW designers created this drawing. We do not see an SUV in the picture, just a stylized next-gen Mini with a higher beltline. The computer-created picture from Autocar crosses the line and creates a taller, SUV-like Mini that looks like it has been dipped in a vat of mutegen. Eeek.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies