The Korean brands weren't betting on a hybrid vehicle until 2007 but recent landscape changes in the U.S. has caused a change of plans. The first cars to see a gas-electric powertrain are the smallest cars in the lineup, the redesigned Hyundai Accent and Kia Rio. The hybrids are predicted to reach consumers in the seconds half of 2006. Larger hybrids wouldn't be ready until 2008 or beginning of 2009.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models